IR M2 Wide-range IR Microscope
IR M2 IR microscope combined with IROS 03 FTIR spectrometer:
- Simultaneous spectrum registration and sample observation with built-in video camera
- High-precision spectrum measurements of polymer particles, fibers, powder mixtures, inscription on paper fragments
- IR spectra registration without sample preparation
IR M3 wide-range IR microscope
The microscope is mounted outside the cuvette compartment close to the spectrometer.
The visual channel is overlaying with IR channel for sample observation (aiming) and IR spectrum registration.
Revolver mechanism allows to combine several special objectives:
- ATR objective
- IR objective
- Visual objective
For sample observation, there are eyepieces and
built-in video camera installed.
Two detectors are installed at the same time:
- Highly sensitive MCT with liquid nitrogen cooling
- Pyroelectric (cooling is not required)
- Spectra registration of micro-objects up to 5 µm in transmission, specular reflection and ATR (with suitable objectives) modes
- Spectral range: 600 – 6 000 cm-1 (with MCT detector)
- Min. resolution: 0.5 cm-1
- Signal-to-noise ratio: ≥ 20 000 (1 min, resolution 4 cm-1, range 2 000 – 2 200 cm-1)
- Motorized sample stage with autofocus system and mapping mode according to programmed parameters. Step: 2.5 µm
- Revolver mechanism with changeable lenses
- IR objective 15x
- Visual objectives 4x, 10x, 36x or 60x
- ATR (attenuated total reflection) objective 36x or 60x
- Highly sensitive MCT detector with liquid nitrogen cooling
- Additional MG-32 detector (DLaTGS analog) for operation without liquid nitrogen
- Simultaneous operation in IR spectra registration mode and visual sample observation mode
- Adjustable and rectangular diaphragms to identify IR spectrum registration area
- Built-in video camera (2 MPX, USB)
Rectangular and iris diaphragms allow to select IR spectrum registration area. Rectangular diaphragms made of special glass opaque in wide IR range are the most convenient.
IR M2 and IR M3 IR microscopes allow to register spectrum from 10 µm and 5 µm samples respectively
IR M3 IR microscope is high-end instrument with a set of additional functions:
- 4x interchangeable objectives
- Advanced built-in control panel
- Automatic mapping system (motorized sample stage with autofocus system)
- Special software for microscope control and results processing
Built-in control panel allows to manage spectra registration process, photometric area observation (using binocular), quick sample change, sample stage manipulation and brightness illumination adjustment simultaneously.
Motorized sample stage with autofocus system allows to receive sample spectrum map in automatic mode.
IR spectrum of office marker pens strokes with various chemical compositions
“Spectral map” shows impurities concentration at different points of a sample in the form of relief or color gradations